Kingston 0-1 month

My very first baby boy met the world on 25 July 2019 0107. He has big eyes and long eyelashes. He is 3.08kg 47cm. Induced with self contraction on 39weeks.

It was happy to know he is a baby boy at week 8th check up. So early he want to show off his gender. Throughout the pregnancy is not easy as compare to 1st pregnancy. Carry baby with 2 little sisters is not easy. I felt super exhausted like I feel like to sleep on the floor anywhere especially during my working time. The non stop walking and rushing during on work and lunch time rushing to pick up my elder daughter from school make me super tired for the first 3-4 months. After work, continue with cooking and bringing the kids to playground. Bringing the 2 little kids to playground is so energy consuming. I have to carry the little Valerie and also pushing their bicycle or scooter. I don’t want them to play as much as they are little kid. So I consistently bring them to playground or shopping with me although it took me a lot of energy. Pushing the trolley full of grocery, carry Valerie while carry the baby in my tummy is not an easy job and can do it easily especially the trolley is so heavy to push and have to settle the little whenever they cry and lost temper. I really cant believe how strong I’m until I did it.  It is so heavy to move them with such a big tummy especially the last few months.

I had don’t know what kind of tummy pain during 12weeks. Having on and off pain at week 16th and then. The pain that I can’t really explain but lucky mild.  I can feel the contraction ? Tummy pain? started week 28th. I complaint to my gynaecologist and he did contraction test and want me to inject medication to mature the baby lung in case I have premature delivery. When I laid on the bed and did the contraction test, it has no contraction. So it might be caused by non stop walking during work. Initially I don’t want to talk to my boss to give me light duty work, but for my baby sake, I talked to my boss.  It has not end the on and off frequent contraction. But the lucky thing is I have not go into premature labour.

Then it comes another things to worry at week 35th. Dr told me the baby head has not turn down. It is breached. I was told baby has turn during week 28th. The chances the baby head down is low at this week but will wait till 37weeks check up. During 37th week check up still breach and doctor decided to go for elective ceasser if baby not ready for the last scan on Monday. What is so amazing is his head finally engage on Monday and now it’s time to go for elective induce via vaginal.

I have nausea until 14weeks  Did triple test at week 12th and get result informed high risk at week 18th. It’s blessed that the DNA test everything turn out normal. That was really a scary and worry day while waiting for dna test result.  Throughout the pregnancy, I have bad constipation and relieved by fiver drink and prune juice and Quaker oat to replace rice in one of my meal.


First month:
Grow:
Kingston born at 3.08kg and length 47cm.

Feeding:
He was given mix formula and breast milk for the first few days.  Mommy first colostrum 30ml at 4th day. Baby was feed 60ml every 2.5 to 3 hours. He was jaundice and admitted to hospital for phototherapy on day 6. Doctor adviced to stop for breastfeeding in order to get rid of jaundice in fastest way. I stopped gave him breast milk for 3 days but the jaundice reading stil not went down. Dr advice to totally stop breast milk. Then I stopped for another 1 week. But the jaundice level stil not much dropped but static at around 14, so I decided to continue breast feed him. He has jaundice until 5-6 weeks of life. The confinement aunt believe to feed him more often every 2 hours including at night time in order to get rid of jaundice,

Night time:
Aunt will wake him up for milk every 2 hours.
For the first few days after confinement aunt went home, Kingston slept with us but he woke up or make noise every 1-2 hours. He was give bottle feed 2 time throughout the night. Mommy really feel super tire. After 1 week, at 5th week of life, he get used to sleep in our room and less make noise at night but still feed him 2 times at 1-2am and 4-5am.

Development:
He is very sleepy throughout the day and night. Always see him sleeping and awake for few minutes only. I think it might because his jaundice make him tire. He wakes up every 2 hours for milk. She was give 60ml 2 hourly and increased to 80ml 2 hourly at 3rd week of life.

He had jaundice until 1 month plus. He had to back to hospital every 1-2 days to check jaundice level and the level did not go down at around 14 until he was 4 weeks his level is 11. The bad thing that worry us was his urine culture test has klebsiella growth and he need to repeat the test, second test still get positive growth and lucky the 3rd test negative. Lucky everything was ok.

Aunt bring him to sun bath twice a day outside the house. This poor boy have dark skin after phototherapy.

I let him latching 1-3 times per day and at night before sleep during confinement month. He is not so good in latching. I can feel the breast stil heavy after latching and he will ask for milk more frequent than bottle feed.

He will cry to ask for bath. He feels happy after bathing and changed clothes.

Playing time:
Most of time he is sleeping. He has a short awake time only.

Mommy:
Lost 8kg after delivered and in first week. Total weight increase throughout pregnancy is 18kg. Mommy express breast milk every 2-3 hours 7 times a day. The second week, mommy changed another new confinement aunt and she feed me 5 meals a day, 3 meals with tea time dessert, 2 cup of goat milk (for the sake of baby jaundice) and chicken essence started on 16th day. Mommy has not losing weight but increased 1 kg throughout the confinement month.

Mommy has extra breast milk start from week 2 when Kingston withhold breast milk for 1 week. Since then mommy have frozen milk and more and more milk supply.

Mommy first hair wash and shower on 14th day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

宝宝四个月收涎仪式

在家坐月子餐

Best Vegan Food @Impian Emas & Setia Tropika