Full breastfeeding finally

Being a new mom, the first thing every mom have to learn is breastfeeding. However,  not every mother success to breastfeed their baby and breastfeeding journey always not easy.

For a new mom like me, after an exhausted gave birth to a newborn, the next thing is breastfeeding. My baby was admitted to hospital and I have no chance to have direct breastfeed her. I produced a 20cc colostrum on day 5 after one day using breast pump stimulation on nipples and breast massage by massages lady. I was so happy to get my colostrum and brought to hospital for my baby.

After my baby getting better on day 5, I have my first direct contact with my tiny baby, and of course I have to learn how to breastfeed. She is a good baby. She latched 45min non-stop but I am not sure how much milk I supplied to her.

The next to worry for every mom is the breast milk supply is not enough for her baby. My breast milk was so little and I can only pump out 20cc to 40cc evey 3 hours while my baby was taking 60cc 3 hourly at week 2 of life.

My panic breastfeed journey started. My baby latched 45min to 1 hour each time but my baby still cried and find for my nipples every 1 to 2 hours and do not want bottle feed. My husband started to worry baby got hungry and refused me to let baby latching too much. I started to tension as I did not know what is right for me to feed my baby. When I was in tension, my friend encouraged me and told me my baby is a good baby as she likes to latch and I need her latching to stimulate more milk.

After some arguments and learnt from experience,  I decided to manually pump out all breast milk then bottle feed my baby, so that I can monitor how much she took. I will let her latchs only after bottle feed and cut to 1-2 times per day.

Yet I stil can not supply my baby enough milk and she took 80cc 3 hourly at week 3 of life. Iwill get mad if she did not finished the milk and wasted. My confinement lady cook papaya fish soup, black bean soup and etc to help me. I pumped out the milk every 3 hourly and woke up at mid night to pump milk. I started to took lecithin capsule at week 4 and it actually help. Lecithin capsule works on me while some people take funegreek.

After a trying hard, I got sufficient milk supply for my baby on week 5 (80cc 3 hourly). My daily milk supply is 600-700cc while my baby drinks 500-600cc on week 6. She is full breast milk by bottle feed finally. :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

宝宝四个月收涎仪式

在家坐月子餐

Best Vegan Food @Impian Emas & Setia Tropika