Pumping breast milk in public

Breastfeeding mom always get troublesome when go outside or travel or back to work. Mom needs to pump out milk or baby needs to latch every 3 to 4 hours.

My little angel, Victoria is on full bottle feed with breast milk. At this point of time, I have get used to my daily breastfeeding routine and practiced hand free breast pumping now.

We decided to bring Victoria to travel with us to Kuala Lumpur at week 7. This is a 3 days 2 night short trip and needs to take 4 hours drive.

At most places or shopping mall in Malaysia,  there are lack of feeding support or feeding room. So, breast milk pumping in public is my first challenge and I have to practice it to save more time when travel. Being a breastfeeding mom, I should not get shy. I tried to pump breast milk in public at Coffee Bean a week before we travel. I look natural and nobody looks weird on me. People would not notice you when your breast milk pumping is in process. They will just ignore you if they see you. :)

I stil continue pump out breast milk 3 to 4 hourly during the trip. To save more time for shopping at Mid Valley mall, I have to do breast milk pumping when I was having my lunch or dinner or in car when on the road. I did it sucessfully at when had my dinner during peak hour at Madam Kwan's restaurant and at Toast Box when having our brunch. What I can tell is people surrounding will just ignore what you do or may not notice it. You should not feel shy because you are a brave breastfeeding mom!

Here is how I pump breast milk in public:
Just need a nursing cover, Simple Wishes hand free breast pumping bra, automatic double breast pump and ice pack for storage.  Put on a nursing cover followed by hand free breast pumping bra and then put on breast pump and let start pumping process while you are eating your meal or something.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

宝宝四个月收涎仪式

在家坐月子餐

Best Vegan Food @Impian Emas & Setia Tropika